BC: How to become an Architect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BC: How to become an Architect
Introduction
So you've made your mark on the world, you have your awesome creation(s) and you think to yourself 'Now I want some recognition for this awesome creation I've made'. Look no further, this guide will show you how to become an Architect! (Whats this you might ask?, look below for details!).

What is Architect?
Architect is a specialized rank in BiomeCraft which allows players to have special ability's and extras that are not available to other players (Unless they have the same rank of course). This rank can be gained by building Architecturally brilliant creations ranging from small, medium to large in size.

Judgement Scale (You need a score of 80 or above to gain Architect)
Once your Architect application is submitted, a Mod will review your application and mark the creation on a scale of 1 to 100 (100 being the best score, and 1 being poor), the different things a Mod will mark you against is posted below.
The first thing you will be marked against is the size of your building, they are as follows.
- Small: A Small sized building will gain you 10 points and is a building smaller then 30 by 30 blocks.
- Medium: A Medium sized building will gain you 15 points, and is a building bigger than 30 by 30 blocks, but smaller than 50 by 50 blocks.
- Large: A Large sized building will gain you 25 points, and is a building bigger than 50 by 50 blocks.
The second thing you will be marked against is the complexity of your building (Does your creation have depth? or Interesting features?, or is it simply a square room on the outside or inside).
- You can gain up to 50 points for the depth of your creation.
- You can gain up to 25 points for the interesting features in or on your creation.

Would do I get as an Architect?
Architects gain the ability to use the Architect kit once a day which contains...
- 64 Stone Bricks
- 64 Stone
- 64 Normal logs
The ability to place 'Super Jump' blocks (An example of these can be found by typing /tutorial, in-game)
Architects also gain the ability to place bridges and gates (Not the normal kind, you can see an example in-game by typing /tutorial).

How do I become Architect?
Your first step to becoming an Architect is to copy the form at the bottom of this topic fill it out and paste it as a reply to this topic!
The second step to becoming an Architect is to wait for a in-game Mod to review your application and to come and view and judge your creation (Please don't pester Mods in-game to come and review your application as they will do it when they have the time!).

Application Form
(1) What is your in-game-name:
(2) Have you submitted this creation before:
(3) Is there anything else you would like to add or say:
(4) Please post a screen shot of your creation:
(1) What is your in-game-name: popeyes2010 ; DracoRanger ; legit_potatoes
(2) Have you submitted this creation before: No.
(3) Is there anything else you would like to add or say: No. - All.
(1) What is your in-game-name: Talist
(2) Have you submitted this creation before: No
(3) Is there anything else you would like to add or say: This is a pvp game where the main feature is the ability to cast spells. It has 7 classes each with 3 unique spells and a fireball spell. There are 7 arenas currently. I'm planning on releasing this as a full pvp map on the MC forums. This isn't the final version. There will probably still be some bugs/general weirdness, but in terms of gameplay, this should be the final version. It runs using new commands in the snapshots, so use those. I'd recommend 14w21b because I saw a weird fire texture glitch in 14w25a. You can still use that one if you'd like. The file is too big to upload using this forum's upload, so heres the link to it on MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8pgpc5...c+copy.zip
You might not have been expecting something like this huh?
(4) Please post a screen shot of your creation: The forum says the pictures are too big as well, so here are some links:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#d47ulax0f4rgk2d
Me casting Blizzard as a mage

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#s96smdvrciytnqt
Me casting EMP as a technomancer

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#4f7qbr4gh86yr87
A picture of the Chapel map

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#cbzdbdmdqsle8bi
A picture of the Druid map

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#22p6q3vvp8t6yv8
My personal favorite, the Dragon's Den map. (The minecarts hold items, an idea by ajleong)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#03p7o6s1w7q2md3
It has a mess of redstone, so it must work!

This is the first time I've tried having someone else download it and play it, so hopefully everything goes alright. You might spawn in on creative mode though... If that happens, switch to adventure mode with /gamemode 2
That's a Fennec Fox by the way.
I've founded the town of WaterBorn (/warp WaterBorn). Its an underwater city, but tiny at the moment.
Are you ready for your battle? I run the game Slay the Griefer.
(1) What is your in-game-name: frodorocks
(2) Have you submitted this creation before: No.
(3) Is there anything else you would like to add or say: Just an example application
(4) Please post a screen shot of your creation:[Image: c51ac5ec4d.png]
Desert House, typical for the desert.
[Image: 2a7bf3e1f0.png]
Who can celebrate Christmas with out a tree!
[Image: bcd8a7dc04.png]
Endermen! Always picking up our stuff!!!
[Image: dd6853d367.png]
There's gotta be a cute little castle in here.
(1) What is your in-game-name: CHEXMIXIN Big Grin
(2) Have you submitted this creation before:Nah
(3) Is there anything else you would like to add or say: nah

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
The top two applications were reviewed by our staff and collectively the vote wasn't enough to see you through to architect unfortunately. Sorry for taking so long to review the applications guys!. Remember, the builds can be in creative or not even on the server at all!. We will be reviewing yours shortly Chexmixin.
Ign: Eaglesphinatic
Warp: /Warp Modern
Have I submitted anything before: No
Anything else: I plan on submitting another after its done... It's a secret

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Eagle, post: 483, member: 104 Wrote:Ign: Eaglesphinatic
Warp: /Warp Modern
Have I submitted anything before: No
Anything else: I plan on submitting another after its done... It's a secret
We have decided to accept your application! Congratulations on architect, it should be waiting for you when you go in-game next.